• Economy
  • Investing
  • Editor’s Pick
  • Stock
Evil Shark Trades
Stock

Italian chocolate giant Ferrero to buy Kellogg’s Froot Loops maker

by July 10, 2025
by July 10, 2025

What’s “Froot Loops” in Italian?

The European confectionary company Ferrero has agreed to buy WK Kellogg Co., the manufacturer of iconic American cereals, for $3.1 billion.

The acquisition is set to bring the publicly traded maker of Froot Loops, Frosted Flakes and Rice Krispies under the privately owned Italian manufacturer of Nutella, Tic Tac and Kinder chocolates.

WK Kellogg, based in Battle Creek, Michigan, was spun off from Kellogg’s in 2023, splitting the company’s North American cereal business from its other snack products like Pringles and Pop-Tarts, a unit that is now owned by the publicly traded conglomerate Kellanova. WK Kellogg, one of North America’s largest cereal makers, saw its shares surge more than 30% Thursday on the news of the deal.

The agreement comes after years of slowing demand for sugary breakfast cereals as many consumers look for healthier options. WK Kellogg came under fire last year when CEO Gary Pilnick said on CNBC that households squeezed by food companies’ price hikes should consider eating “cereal for dinner” to save money, part of a marketing pitch the company was making as an answer to inflation.

Yet snack demand, too, has flagged recently, with The Campbell’s Co. and General Mills each warning this year of slower sales as customers prioritize square meals.

Ferrero Rocher chocolates.Alexander Sayganov / SOPA Images / LightRocket via Getty Images file

Ferrero, perhaps best known for its namesake Ferrero Rocher chocolates in gold foil, originated in Alba, Italy, after World War II and is now a multinational food maker headquartered in Luxembourg. The company reported revenue of 18.4 billion euros last fiscal year, up nearly 9% from the one before.

Ferrero executive chairman Giovanni Ferrero described the acquisition Thursday as “a key milestone” in an effort to grow its footprint in North America, where the closely held company sells an array of popular candies.

The deal is among a series of high-profile Ferrero acquisitions in recent years. The firm bought Butterfinger, Baby Ruth and other U.S. candy brands from Nestlé in 2018, then acquired Kellogg’s bakery business, including Famous Amos and Keebler, in 2019 along with the manufacturer of Halo Top ice cream in 2022.

After the transaction closes, WK Kellogg will be delisted from the New York Stock Exchange and become a wholly owned subsidiary of Ferrero. The deal is expected to close later this year.

This post appeared first on NBC NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Russia sanctions bill gains steam as White House appears to change tone on Putin
next post
White House accuses Powell of mismanaging Federal Reserve, citing headquarters renovation

You may also like

Spirit Airlines files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection...

Retail panic: What the end of the ‘de...

Cracker Barrel rebrand: Why companies retreat when faced...

Trump accused Fed governor Lisa Cook of mortgage...

Trump accused Fed Governor Lisa Cook of mortgage...

AI detects sound of frog species threatened in...

Lego hits record revenue in first half of...

Google has eliminated 35% of managers overseeing small...

Cracker Barrel will go back to old logo...

Frontier Airlines goes after struggling rival Spirit’s customers...

Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News And Articles.






    Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

    Recent Posts

    • Trump says he will require voter ID with executive order
    • Trump nominees squeezed between ‘blue slips’ and blue obstruction
    • Trump appointee exits US foreign aid agency after four-month sprint: ‘Mission accomplished’
    • Sen. Bernie Sanders calls on RFK Jr. to resign following departure of CDC officials
    • Israel eliminates Houthi prime minister in Yemen airstrike targeting senior government officials

    Categories

    • Economy (7,177)
    • Editor's Pick (3,862)
    • Investing (2,826)
    • Stock (1,445)
    Email Whitelisting About Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Contact Us

    Disclaimer: Evilsharktrades.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2024 EvilSharkTrades.com


    Back To Top
    Evil Shark Trades
    • Economy
    • Investing
    • Editor’s Pick
    • Stock