• Economy
  • Investing
  • Editor’s Pick
  • Stock
Evil Shark Trades
Economy

Hamas says they approve framework for cease-fire agreement with Israel

by May 7, 2024
by May 7, 2024

Hamas has agreed to a cease-fire agreement framework put forward by Egypt and Qatar, the terrorist group announced in a Monday statement.

The White House and State Department could not confirm the agreement as of press time, but a Hamas spokesperson confirmed it to Fox News Digital. Israel has not announced its stance on the framework. If it is approved, however, it would bring an extended pause to the fighting that has raged in Gaza for seven months.

‘The fighter brother Ismail Haniyeh, head of the political bureau of the Hamas movement, had a phone call with the Qatari Prime Minister, Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdul Rahman Al-Thani, and with the Egyptian Minister of Intelligence, Mr. Abbas Kamel, and informed them of the Hamas movement’s approval of their proposal regarding the ceasefire agreement,’ the Hamas statement reads.

News of the agreement comes just as Israel appeared to be preparing for a ground assault on Rafah, the final stronghold of Hamas in Gaza. The city is also playing host to more than 1 million Gazans displaced from the north.

Israel urged Palestinians to flee Rafah ahead of the expected operation. Overnight on Sunday, Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant told U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin that Israel was left with no choice but to act in Rafah after Hamas terrorists carried out a deadly rocket attack from Rafah earlier in the day that left four Israeli soldiers dead.

President Biden and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke on the phone about Rafah on Monday, Fox News has learned. Netanyahu has repeatedly  vowed to carry out a military operation in Rafah. According to Israel’s army, forces are beginning with a ‘limited scope operation.’

Lt. Col. Nadav Shoshani, an army spokesperson, said some 100,000 people were being ordered to move to a nearby Israel-declared humanitarian zone called Muwasi. He said Israel published a map of the evacuation area.

These orders were issued through air-dropped leaflets, text messages and radio broadcasts so that Palestinians could get the information.

‘Anyone found near [militant] organizations endangers themselves and their family members. For your safety, the [army] urges you to evacuate immediately to the expanded humanitarian area,’ one flier reads.

Israel’s army said on the social media platform X that it would act with ‘extreme force’ against Hamas terrorists and urged the population to immediately evacuate for their safety.

Fox News’ Lawrence Richard and Trey Yingst contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Progressive champion and two-time presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders announces re-election bid
next post
Russia threatens strikes on British military installations, plans nuclear drills after Cameron’s remarks

You may also like

Legal group sues FDA over puberty blocker records,...

Lawyers for Cook, DOJ trade blows at high-stakes...

Is Putin stringing Trump along to sidestep US...

House investigators nix Mueller testimony in Epstein probe...

Witkoff meets Ukraine officials in New York ahead...

Senators demand oversight, reject vaccine guidance as illegitimate...

White House move to cancel $4.9B foreign aid...

Meet the radical anti-Israel activists joining ‘Squad’ Dem...

Abbott signs Texas redistricting map into law, securing...

Rubio denies visas to Palestinian leaders for UN...

Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News And Articles.






    Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

    Recent Posts

    • Legal group sues FDA over puberty blocker records, citing alleged Biden-era cover-up
    • Lawyers for Cook, DOJ trade blows at high-stakes clash over Fed firing
    • Retail panic: What the end of the ‘de minimis’ exemption means for brands across the globe
    • Is Putin stringing Trump along to sidestep US sanctions while bombing Ukraine?
    • House investigators nix Mueller testimony in Epstein probe over health concerns

    Categories

    • Economy (7,168)
    • Editor's Pick (3,862)
    • Investing (2,826)
    • Stock (1,444)
    Email Whitelisting About Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Contact Us

    Disclaimer: Evilsharktrades.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2024 EvilSharkTrades.com


    Back To Top
    Evil Shark Trades
    • Economy
    • Investing
    • Editor’s Pick
    • Stock